Departments and Agencies
To view the department reports, click the links below or browse to them using the dropdown menu above. The reports address the most pertinent findings from across all departments, including these key areas:
- Bureau of Emergency Medical Services - Fleet and personnel.
- Bureau of Fire - Diversity and residency requirements.
- Bureau of Police - Technology, chief advisory council, training and hiring.
- Citizen Police Review Board - Delays and cooperation, and proposed expansion.
- Commission on Human Relations - Lack of true independence and support from the Bureau of Police.
- Department of City Planning - The Oakland Plan, legislative changes, Cantini Mosaics and inclusionary zoning.
- Department of Human Resources and Civil Service - Employee performance evaluation process, retirement edible report and forecast and innovation in HR.
- Department of Law - Routine review of legislation and all board and commission proceedings, no record retention policy and document and case management systems.
- Department of Mobility and Infrastructure - Staffing/workforce, landslide remediation, contracts, Allegheny Circle Conversion, funding, workforce, swimming pools, senior engagement and fund and data management.
- Department of Parks & Recreation - Structure.
- Department of Permits, Licenses and Inspections - Workforce, rental registry, asbestos consent decree and Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) Permit.
- Department of Public Safety - Training academy classes and development, residency requirements, assess wellness and social services, relationship with the office of community health and safety, expand victim assistance office, implement cross-cultural training, community based policing, community partnership success models and performance evaluations.
- Department of Public Works - Workforce and capital budget.
- Ethics Hearing Board - Conflicts of interest and hearings.
- Office of Community Health and Safety - Collaboration, social worker ride-alongs and clearly defined role.
- Office of Equity - Racial and gender divides.
- Office of Innovation and Performance - Workforce, DashBurgh and OneStopPGH.
- Office of Management and Budget - American Rescue Plan funding.
- Office of Municipal Investigations - Community education, closing categories and evidence standards.
- Pittsburgh Parking Authority - Workforce, downtown activity and parking leasing.
- Pittsburgh Water and Sewer Authority - Adherence to agreements, overcoming negative perceptions and leadership stability.
- Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) - Direction and coordination, access to federal funding and legacy projects.